Invisalign treatment from No1 The Orthodontic Specialists
Imagine having orthodontic treatment that meant you could still go out for dinner, eat anything you liked on the menu, and didn’t have to worry about getting food stuck in your braces. Well, at No1 The Orthodontic Specialists, that’s the kind of orthodontic treatment we offer.
Forget metal brackets and wires, forget train tracks running along your teeth – at No1 The Orthodontic Specialists, we love working with Invisalign, the orthodontic treatment method that uses clear plastic aligners to create stunning smiles.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the most convenient and discreet way to straighten your teeth. The system uses super-clear aligners which look like thin mouthguards and are virtually invisible over the top of your teeth. Each aligner is custom-made and 3D printed using a strong, thermoplastic material, and must be worn for around 20-22 hours per day. This means you can take them out for eating, brushing and flossing as well as for important business meetings, sports practice, or first dates!
But how do these aligners straighten your teeth, you may ask?
Well, every few weeks you need to change your aligners to ensure your teeth are moving quickly and effectively. Each new set of aligners is moulded slightly differently according to your treatment plan. These moulds reflect the required movement of your teeth. Basically, the aligners are guiding your teeth into a straighter position.
How long does Invisalign treatment take?
The average treatment time for Invisalign is anywhere between nine and 18 months, which is much faster than traditional braces. You do still need to allow time for your teeth to move, which is why results don’t happen overnight – but they will last a lifetime.
At No1 The Orthodontic Specialists, we have four different types of Invisalign and the length of time they take to move your teeth depends on the severity of your orthodontic issues.
- Invisalign Comprehensive: For major orthodontic work, Invisalign treatment will probably take the full 18 months.
- Invisalign Teen: We also have Invisalign just for teens. This method can take up to 18 months as well depending on how much work is required to straighten your teen’s teeth. During this time your teen won’t have to feel self-conscious about having orthodontic treatment because no one will be able to see the clear aligners sitting over their teeth.
- Invisalign Lite: If you only require minor orthodontic work, for example if you have a couple of crooked teeth at the front, then Invisalign Lite could be an option for you. These aligners can straighten your teeth within six months but can only be used to correct alignment issues affecting the front six teeth.
- Invisalign Express: For a quick realignment of your teeth that doesn’t take long but is still effective, Invisalign Express can get results in as little as three months!
Our specialist orthodontists will help you determine which type of Invisalign is best for you.
Why choose Invisalign
Invisalign aligners are hugely popular among our patients for so many reasons:
- They are almost invisible, so you don’t have to worry about what they look like or whether anyone will know you’re having treatment.
- They’re removable, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene. We just recommend brushing and rinsing your aligners in lukewarm water whenever you brush your teeth to keep them clean.
- There are no sharp edges or individual brackets, making them more comfortable than traditional braces and irritation-free. They are also individually moulded to your teeth for a snug fit.
Achieve a stunning smile with our number one treatment option from No1 The Orthodontic Specialists.